Books that involve characters that struggle with mental illness because there isn’t enough awareness about it out there.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
- Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
- Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford
- We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
↳ First sentences
Some snaps from my Harry Potter Reread - Part 1 [Part 2]
“No one of consequence.”
“I must know.”
“Get used to disappointment.
Harry Potter - abused orphan boy discovers he has magical powers and someone tries to kill him at the end of every school year
Lord of the Rings - Ring causes problems everywhere
Hunger Games - Girl becomes an accidental and unwilling symbol of the rebellion. Rebellion ensues.
Game of Thrones - Fuck, Marry, Kill anyone and everyone. No one is safe
Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Kids who can’t sit still discover they’re children of the gods. Monsters trying to kill then all the time
Heroes of Olympus - Kids become older. See above
Divergent - People can’t have multiple attributes. Must stick only to one of five choices. Or else…
Mortal Instruments - Descendants of angels killing demons. Who cares about incest? Refer to all books.
Infernal Devices - Old fashioned demon fighting. Love triangle that will keep you wanting everyone to end up with everyone.
Throne of Glass - young assassin has a secret past, king is a monster, prince is complete opposite
Lunar Chronicles - Cyborg girl, prince trying to do what is right, queen ruining everything in her path
The Selection - Have you watched The Bachelor? Just without all that kissing and stuff, they have class after all
Unwind - organ donation to the extreme
I am haunted by all the editions of books that are prettier than the ones I already own.
- Not making eye contact when I should be making eye contact
- Accidentally turning off my laptop
- Eating entire blocks of chocolate
- Dropping things
- Tripping over things
- Missing the ball in tennis
- Biting my nails until they bleed
- Stubbing my toe
- Forgetting where I leave things
(Sorry guys, but I've been really sick lately and school's also being a pain. Hopefully I'll be back in month or two!)
I am a massive book nerd and love anything to do with books! I mainly post book quotes and pretty book pictures, as well as the occasional review and other book-related lists.
At the moment, most of the books I read are Young Adult Fiction but I honestly enjoy reading books from basically every genre.
My favourite books and book series (and the fandoms I am active in) are:
• Harry Potter (of course)
• The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater!!
• The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu!!
• ALL of Melina Marchetta's books (but especially On the Jellicoe Road and the Lumatere Chronicles)
• More. Many, many more books.
I love chatting about books and am always happy when people suggest books for me to read, so please send me a message anytime!! And we can discuss books. Mmmm….
Recently Read and Enjoyed: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty, THE DREAM THIEVES by Maggie Stiefvater.
Currently Reading: Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (re-read. Actually, this is my fourth time re-reading it).